Could you volunteer with us?
We run volunteer training courses in Keighley or Bradford every few months.
Whichever course you choose, the application process is the same, so what are you waiting for? Download the application form and give us a call!
Come and join Home-Start Bradford District, we make a great team!
Without volunteers, we wouldn't be able to do what we do. They give so much to the families and the organization.
We depend on volunteers':
- skills, experience, and knowledge
- generous gift of time
- willingness to be flexible and do a variety of roles in Home-Start Bradford District.
Volunteers benefit from:
- new skills, experience, and knowledge
- improved knowledge of local services and local issues
- raised awareness of the needs of families and communities
- improved access to paid employment opportunities and a range of education opportunities
- a sense of personal achievement and satisfaction
- improved confidence and self-esteem
- access to further training from local professionals
Potential volunteers will be invited for an interview before taking part in our 10-session course of preparation where they will meet like-minded people and have fun.
Once the course is complete, and references and checks (including an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check) have been taken up, a volunteer will visit a family for 3-4 hours a week.
We ask volunteers to commit to a year's volunteering with us, but most stay longer.
Find out more or apply
If you would like to know more about becoming a Home-Start Bradford District volunteer please contact us.