Could you be a Volunteer with Home-Start Bradford District?
We are running our next training courses in Keighley and Bradford in January 2019. If you train in Bradford you will support families in Bradford and if you train in Keighley you will support a Keighley family. Which ever course you choose the application process is the same, so what are you waiting for? Download the application form and give us a call!
Come and join Home-Start Bradford District, together we make a great team!
Without volunteers, we wouldn't be able to do what we do. They give so much to the families and the organization.
We depend on volunteers':
- Skills, experience, and knowledge
- Generous gift of time
- Willingness to be flexible and do a variety of roles in Home-Start Bradford District.
Volunteers benefit from:
- New skills, experience, and knowledge
- Improved knowledge of local services and local issues
- Raised awareness of the needs of families and communities
- Improved access to paid employment opportunities and a range of education opportunities
- A sense of personal achievement and satisfaction
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Access to further training from local professionals
Potential volunteers will be invited in for an interview before starting our 10 session course where they will meet like-minded people and have fun.
Once references and checks (including an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)) have been taken up a volunteer will visit a family for 3- 4 hours a week.
We ask volunteers to give at least a year to the organisation but most stay longer.